Monday, November 28, 2011

Suggestion Box

A suggestion was given to hide the point values on our leader board - since it's so demotivating when someone (MANZANA) is so far ahead...
I know some of us watch the point values closely (BUG BUG) so they will not completely disappear.  They'll still be accesible to view and dispute point values awarded via the Point Listing link on the quick links bar on the left hand side of the blog page.  But for now, I'll take the suggestion and remove the point values next to our names.  Thanks for the suggestion, B-Sharps!

5 comments:

  1. You're welcome. The points are cool, I love what you guys are doing here! Keep the points but don't let outside cachers like me see them. When I looked at the point spread, my initial reaction was "what's the point?" I suspect other cachers who find these may think the same thing. If the caching public is only privy to who is in the lead without knowing how big the lead is, they might be more inclined to put in an effort on your Tasks. Anyway, this race is hands down one of the coolest things I've seen since I started geocaching in 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the suggestion was a great one and I totally agree with the reasoning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the suggestion as well, but this blog site serves both public and private interests. It was designed to keep the travelbug owners engaged in the race, as well as offer information to those who pick up the travelbugs on how to earn it points. As such, I think there will always need to be a way to access the point totals - but not having it so blantant on the front page of the site is definitely a positive change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed. Just wondering if task #5 is able to be accomplished before #2 is finished...I took Ladybug to a "Pizza" cache recently just to try and get those 35 points and move her up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. kevnbri - Absolutely! Tasks can be accomplished in any order at all. I will update Ladybug's points. Sorry I missed that!

    ReplyDelete